Photo Credit: Pascal Reynaud
Next weekend Pondy ART, in collaboration with Documentary Photographer, Yannick Cormier, will offer “Access, Observation and the Documentary Image” a 4 day Documentary Photography Workshop in Pondicherry.
The sessions spread over the weekends of 28-29 September and 5-6 October will cover how to hunt down those feature images, improve street and portrait photography, and review current industry trends. Students will create their own series and work directly with Yannick on editing with a special emphasis on composition and the psychology of visual communication. Several group and individual reviews are incorporated into the schedule.
The workshop will culminate in a public presentation on Sunday (6 Oct) evening of the students’ work with local professionals offering comments and a projection of Yannick’s latest personal project.
Pondy ART is proud to have a part in forming the photographers of tomorrow while we continue to show the photographers of today!
For full details and fees: firstname.lastname@example.org
28 September (10:30 – 5:00)
The instructor and participants will introduce themselves and show a brief example of their recent work. Participants are asked to bring up to ten images that were taken during the past year. Please save your photos on a CD or in an USB key in .jpg format, for this introduction.
- 10:30 – 12:00: Projection and critique of Works
- 12:00 – 1:30: Lunch Break (Set Lunch charged Separately)
- 1:30 – 3:30: Basic rules of composition
Photography is language so it is important to learn the grammar that is to say the composition!
- 4:00 – 4:45: Series, Reportage, Photo-essays. What is the difference?
29 September (10:00 – 1:00)
- Psychology of Visual Communication
- Students choose their respective subjects
30 September – 4 October
- During the 5 day Break, participants will explore the environment and produce a documentary photography work.
5 October (9:00 – Finish)
- 9:00 – Group Reviews
- 12:00 – 1:30 Lunch Break – Set Lunch Charged Separately
- 1:30 – Editing
6 October (9:00 – Finish)
- 9:00 – Review
- Final Editing
- 12:00 – 1:30 – Lunch Break – Set Lunch Charged Separately
- 1:30 Final Editing
- 6:00 Public Slideshow, Professional Review and Projection by Yannick Cormier