“Access, Observation and the Documentary Image”
Documentary Photography Workshop
28-29 September & 5-6 October 2013
Yannick Cormier, India
28 September (10:30 – 5:00)
The instructor and participants will introduce themselves and show a brief example of their recent work. Participants are asked to bring up to ten images that were taken during the past year. Please save your photos on a CD or in an USB key in .jpg format, for this introduction.
- 10:30 – 12:00: Projection and critique of Works
- 12:00 – 1:30: Lunch Break (Set Lunch charged Separately)
- 1:30 – 3:30: Basic rules of composition
Photography is language so it is important to learn the grammar that is to say the composition!
- 4:00 – 4:45: Series, Reportage, Photo-essays. What is the difference?
Venue: ARTIKA 1 rue Labourdonnais, Pondy 01
29 September (10:00 – 1:00)
- Psychology of Visual Communication
- Students choose their respective subjects
Venue: Kasha Ki Aasha 23 rue Surcouf, Pondy 01
30 September – 4 October
- During the 5 day Break, participants will explore the environment and produce a documentary photography work.
5 October (9:00 – Finish)
- 9:00 – Group Reviews
- 12:00 – 1:30 Lunch Break – Set Lunch Charged Separately
- 1:30 – Editing
Venue: Artika, 1 rue Labourdonnais, Pondy 01
6 October (9:00 – Finish)
- 9:00 – Review
- Final Editing
- 12:00 – 1:30 – Lunch Break – Set Lunch Charged Separately
- 1:30 Final Editing
Venue: Kasha Ki Aasha, 23 rue Surcouf, Pondy 01
- 6:00 Public Slideshow, Professional Review and Projection by Yannick Cormier
Venue To Be Announced
As part of this class, we will discuss how to hunt for feature images and how to improve our street and portrait photography. We will talk about current industry trends and photo editing.
We will walk away from this workshop with new friends, fresh ideas and an increased desire to communicate with our images, on a higher level.